23/09/2013

Printing evaluation




: - (
: - I
: - )
Investigate and discuss printmaking processes.

 ✓

To research artists and complete an artist study to enhance understanding of printmaking.  (Art Analysis)

 ✓

Use line to create shapes and convey tone on their images.


 ✓
Use tone to show light in portrait drawings and polystyrene prints and lino prints.


 ✓
Use the printing process to produce a clear print.


 ✓
To learn how to use printing tools.

 
 ✓  
Understand the importance of line, contours and texture to create a successful print.

 
 ✓

My Evaluation

You don’t cut just one way you think carefully on how to shape your lines to create shape in the face. You also have to cut out the face and not the lines because the bits you don’t cut will show up on your face, you can’t cut too much or you will not see the face. When it comes the printing it you have to have the right amount of ink one because if you have to much it will come out gluggy.


At the start I wasn’t too sure about the linocuts and woodcuts because me and my sister always caved into the tree and that wasn’t so easy but when I learnt how to hold it properly and all the best ways to do it, it was a breeze. I also learnt to be careful with what you cut out.

I think I did really good because you can tell the difference from the black and white but it still has detail just not too much.

I only did my eye because I am not the best at drawing my face also, I thought a face would be too hard but now I have done it once I have noticed it is a lot easier than I thought, so if I got to do another one I would give the face a go.  Also there are little lines under my eyes and I would make them a bit thicker because you can only see them if you look very carefully.

My Art


This is my lino cut

This is it once it was printed



1 comment:

  1. Wow - your eye lino cut is very impressive! I also enjoyed reading your evaluation comments as they show how much you learned from the experience. Your art is always of a high standard and if the mess (your art space) is anything to go by, you will continue to do so!

    ReplyDelete