18/04/2013

Term 1 highlights


Term 1
This term I am so proud of myself because I did something I didn’t do last year, and that is get my blogging milestone, me Yvonne and Lucy got it on the same day. Next I will be getting my performing arts milestone because of J-Rock and when the jazz band plays to the school.

This year I became a school leader, so I got a little school leader badge to wear to school each day. I am a house leader for Orewa, with Conner, that means we look after the Orewa house when we do swimming sports and all the other events.

This years technology was a  bit different, because instead of one term for each thing we now do two weeks for each thing to get a taste. The reason we are doing two weeks is because this year we do Impact is well. My impact is food, that means I like to cook and eat food. Because my group is food we are doing cooking in term two, and my food group got made into smaller food groups and my small food group are making a healthy lunch and breakfast at school.

This year everything is changing. Last year we went from class to class, but this year Marama is one big class, so that means that the room 8 doors are open to room 7, and room 9 is the quiet room so that means no talking, and if you talk you get your gold card taken off you for the week.

The funniest part of term 1 is one of my favorite things we did in term 1, The skits at camp were so funny but my favorite three are the teachers and the winner skit, which was Mrs Browns boys and the circus talent show with the sophies and their friends.

This term my favorite thing would have to be camp. I was lucky enough to have my dad come on camp with me. This was probably my best camp because we did a big walk to Huka falls and then we went to AC baths. We also did rafting and I got us stuck in a tree. At the rock climbing walls, they said if I came back I could get a job, but they said they wouldn’t pay me but I would get free hot chocolates we did lots more than that, but I can’t make this too long.

This year I liked it how the three class’s are just one big class because if you need to see a teacher and that teachers busy you can go see the other teacher, plus you can work with anyone, even someone who is not in you class.

This year I think that I have gotten so much better at maths reading and writing, because in reading I went up a level, and in math Mrs Taaffe has been teaching us bedmas and I finally get it, and I think that I have gotten much better at my punctuation and being disruptive.

Next year I am hoping that I will achieve another milestone, and improve in my reading, writing and maths.

No comments:

Post a Comment